Pre and Postnatal Care
During pregnancy, women may experience a number of body changes including morning sickness, swelling, hip pain, sleeping problems, back pain and incontinence. Hormonal changes that prepare the body physically for birth can change your posture.
After the birth (postnatal), most women seek to return to their pre-pregnancy weight as soon as they can while dealing with tiredness, a depletion of nutrients and recovering from the physical stress from the birth.
Pre and postnatal care aims to:
- help your postnatal recovery
- assist a healthy labour
- enable you to enjoy pregnancy and childbirth without the challenges of additional pain and discomfort
- provide your growing foetus and baby with the right nutrition for optimal growth.
You will be given exercises so you can continue progressing while in your own home. They are specifically tailored for you, to help your individual needs.
Hydrotherapy is also available.
- Treating pregnancy related issues
- Back, pelvic and hip pain
- Pelvic floor weakness and incontinence
- Neck and upper back stiffness and pains
- Strengthening your body in preparation for labour and breastfeeding
- Managing body changes
- Weight loss/gain
- Pain during intercourse
- Menstruation irregularities
We want to help you make the most of your precious time as a mother.
If you feel more comfortable with a female practitioner, please ask for one when you book your consultation.